Lockdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

non/Disney YouTube Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Past Never Really Leaves

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joseph Korso
Admin
Joseph Korso

The Past Never Really Leaves Empty
PostSubject: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptySun 4 Aug - 22:00

Flynn and Evangeline both laid on the cold floor of their new cell. Neither had taken part in the last game, and neither had felt any of the cruelty of this place directly, but they were about to.
On the wooden bench along the wall he had placed the head of Flynn's last cellmate, Belle. It had been fresh when put there, and so the blood had left a trail from the door and to the bench, soaking the spot on the bench and the floor beneath it. He couldn't wait for their faces when they were to wake up.
Back to top Go down
https://lockdownroleplay.rpg-board.net
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyTue 6 Aug - 12:17

The first thing Eva felt when her eyes eventually fluttered open, was the cold hard floor beneath her and a strange wetness trickling between her fingers. She sat up abruptly, so quickly it sent her head spinning as she tried to gain her bearings. She had been moved, and not by a guard, she must have been drugged or something. That would explain the minor headache forming at her temple.

The next thing Eva caught sight of, was the head of a brunette girl perched on top of a bench against the wall. It was bloody and gruesome, but she'd seen worse. Nonetheless, she had never seen it done so pointlessly. What had the girl done to deserve it? The thought of such a futile death made her body become heavy, a dull ache resonating through herself. She couldn't look away from the head, the fixed and staring eyes, the hair matted with blood and the severed neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyWed 7 Aug - 20:40

Flynn's eyes shot open. He had a habit of doing that, like a survival method. Catching sight of the new room he was skeptical. "Either another game or a new cell swap." Turning his head he caught sight of his new roommate. Flynn opened his mouth to speak but stopped abruptly when he noticed the trail of blood leading over to the bench. Upon it sat the bloodied, severed head of his original roommate Belle.

"What the hell?!?" he demanded. Flynn crawled back, repulsed and feeling the strong urge to vomit. I had only spoken to her a few times. But she wasn't a bad person. Wasn't she pregnant?!?
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyWed 7 Aug - 20:52

The head was unnerving Eva, she felt the woman's eyes on her and they made her shiver. Something about the girl seemed so innocent, like she hadn't deserved it. That was what bothered her the most, the futility of her death. The best way to cope with it though, was to ignore it with some sort of distraction. Focus on the positives. There was nothing she could do for the poor girl now.

When Eva's cellmate awoke, he provided the perfect distraction she was looking for. Though, she wasn't entirely sure what he was like. So far, she had experienced a prison fight and someone who was awkward and shy. Perhaps she shouldn't get too comfortable with him right away, simply because she was in need of a distraction.

"I think it's just a cell swap," Eva slowly stood up, feeling a little shaky but managing to stay steady on her feet. "With a welcome gift." She remarked bitterly. The blood was pooled around the bench, but a trail lead to the door and they were partially splattered by it. At least the beds weren't covered in it. The beds! They had beds. Eva could barely contain her relief at the sight of the bunk bed propped against the wall.

Eva unzipped her orange jumpsuit, throwing it into a heap in the corner so she wouldn't get blood on the sheets. Not caring she was simply in her white tanktop and knickers, she climbed the ladders stealthily and threw herself onto the top bunk. The mattress was surprisingly soft, or at least, softer than the one in C Division.

However, even on top bunk, the fixated and staring eyes of the brunette woman followed her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyWed 7 Aug - 20:55

Flynn decidedly turned away from the head, trying to ignore it like the blonde easily seemed to. Noticing her release from the suit Flynn couldn't hold back the smirk. He looked her over. Good looking enough. Something doesn't seem right about her though.

"Oh so top bunk for you? I was going to challenge you to a duel for it but i'm not in the mood." Flynn situated himself on the bottom bunk, he wished they would just get the head out of there.
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyWed 7 Aug - 21:16

"That's probably for the best," Eva withheld a smirk and chewed gently on the corner of her lip. "A duel wouldn't end well, I'm sure." She let out a lighthearted laugh, hanging down slightly from the top bunk so she could converse easier with the brunette male below.

"She does put a bit of a dampener on things," Eva frowned towards the girl's head in the corner. She looked ominous and seemed to fill the whole goddamn cell with a sense of dread and foreboding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyWed 7 Aug - 21:20

Flynn scooted backwards so he could prop himself up and speak to Eva better. "I never went to church and i'm not religious so a private funeral isn't an option. Let's pretend she's not here if that's possible." he kept his eyes focused on the girl and not the head. "What's wrong with them anyways? First the branding, then these demeaning competitions, and now cold-blooded murder?"
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyThu 8 Aug - 13:43

Eva raised an eyebrow when he started mentioning his funeral arrangements. She wasn't sure whether he was joking or if he generally had some sort of death wish. In all honesty, she was struggling slightly to keep up with his train of thought. He was an interesting person, one who she would have fun analysing.

"That sounds like a good idea," Eva smirked when he mentioned ignoring the woman's head. She didn't feel like dwelling on the staring eyes any longer. "So, what's your name kid?" She asked with a smile, trying to be a little more friendly and up-beat.

"They're almost as bad as us, right?" Eva laughed. It was ironic how the guards were generally much worse than the prisoners. What they had done, they had done because of circumstance, they had to, their upbringing. Generally one of those reasons. The guards just tortured them for fun and liked to casually forget they were human beings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyThu 8 Aug - 18:50

Flynn held out his hand to shake. "I'm a grown man if you couldn't tell." he said playfully. "It's the dress code isn't it?" He laughed, a brief one so he didn't sound like the obnoxious type. "The name's Flynn. And what might your name be? Either something exotic or something interesting. You seem the type."
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyThu 8 Aug - 22:18

Eva laughed when Flynn picked up on her calling him 'kid', it was more out of habit than anything else really. She tended to feel like people were younger than her even if they weren't, just because of her life experience. Sometimes she felt too old for her time. She forgets that most people in prison have also had similar life experiences.

"Yes, it's the orange," Eva smirked. "Makes you look younger." She rested her bare feet against the cold rung of the ladder. She had taken her shoes off aswell before clambering into the bed. She wasn't going to risk spoiling it when she hadn't had a comfortable place to sleep since she arrived. She also liked things to be tidy.

"Just call me..." Eva hesitated, not many people knew her real name. Except Mulan so far, and she was still cursing herself for that. Yet, Flynn made her laugh and not many people had yet. Maybe she should give him something closer to the truth. "Evangeline." That was the name she generally went by in America day to day. "Yeah, it's sort of prissy." She laughed a little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyThu 8 Aug - 22:59

Flynn held back his laughter. "Evangeline? I wouldn't say prissy so much as...well maybe a little prissy. I am intent on giving you the most bad ass nickname I can muster." Flynn rubbed his temple comedically. "Hmm...my senses tell me...Evan."
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyThu 8 Aug - 23:10

"Evan I can live with," Eva smirked and nodded. She was grateful he hadn't laughed, even if he had wanted to. It at least showed he could be thoughtful, which was more than she could say for her first cellmate.

"How about you then, do you have any nickname preferences?" Eva laughed lightheartedly, turning the conversation onto Flynn rather than herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyThu 8 Aug - 23:42

Flynn shrugged. "Well my original name was...don't laugh, Eugene. But I changed it. My sis-" Flynn stopped. My sister. Flynn forced the words out. They tasted like vile. "My sister was the one who first called me Flynn."
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 0:02

"Eugene," Eva nodded sympathetically, it was her turn not to laugh. Biting her lip to stop herself from smirking. It seemed neither of them had much luck with names. It had been her gang that decided hers. She had to have something which didn't seem out of the ordinary, something fairly traditional. She had hated it when she first received it, but now she was thankful it bore some similarity to her real Russian name. It made her feel less of a liar, more normal.

Eva listened intently as Flynn mentioned his sister, names seemed to be a touchy subject for him too. A sense of guilt welled inside her as she realised he was opening himself up to her, but she wasn't being entirely honest with him. Perhaps a change of conversation topic was in order.

"So, have you noticed the painting yet?" Eva raised an eyebrow and lifted a finger, gesturing towards the bloody head of a kitten. It was framed on the wall opposite their bunk beds and looked astoundingly realistic. So now they had two headless beings in their room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 0:08

Flynn noticed her sudden change of conversation. Wanting to avoid talking about Mary he nodded to her question. "Truly a work of art. Really brings the whole room together." Flynn scoffed. "Is this place even a prison? Or did they get the sickest bastards they could find, send them here with guns, and tell them to knock themselves out? We could be in an abandoned Walmart for all we know."
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 0:18

"Mm, it really goes well with the decor," Eva agreed with a sarcastic laugh. She was pleased Flynn seemed to have taken the hint and the conversation was moving swiftly away from anything too personal. "Prison's are sick places for sick people, both inmates and guards alike." She responded simply. No-one would voluntarily work or be here if they had any ounce of sanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 0:33

Flynn stood up. Taking the pillow case from the bed he laid it on top of the severed head. "I just can't look at it anymore." It made him sick to his stomach, he felt like he would throw up if it stayed any longer. "Perfect birthday present." Flynn gripped the edges of the painting. "Want to help me flip this crap around?"
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 1:01

Eva wanted to help Flynn cover up the woman's face, but somehow she couldn't. She felt guilty. It shouldn't be that easy to forget about, she had died. Besides, the pool of blood below the bench and leading to the door was still visible. Sighing, she climbed down the ladders and put her jumpsuit and shoes back on. She wasn't going to risk getting her tanktop all bloodied up aswell.

Heading over to Flynn, Eva aided him in spinning the picture around so the back of the frame was the only thing visible. Turning around, she saw the blood on the floor was beginning to dry. Some of it, at least. Some of it was too deep to dry. "Shame we can't do anything about that." Eva had no need to explain what she was meaning, she simply gestured to the pool of red beneath their feet.

"It's your birthday?" Eva looked up surprised when Flynn dropped it into their conversation. "I can't even seem to keep track of the days." She shook her head, time seemed to have blurred but she guessed her own must be coming up pretty soon aswell. "Well, happy birthday." She laughed. It wasn't really funny, but she wasn't sure what else to do or say. Look on the bright side, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 1:52

Flynn sighed at the sight of the blood. "Maybe if were lucky they'll gas us and clean it up. Otherwise that's just sick." he wiped his hands on his jumpsuit. "Well it was yesterday. They told me. Not that it made a difference. Birthdays sort of come and go for me."

Last edited by Flynn Rider on Fri 9 Aug - 17:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 8:55

[Ooc; Hiccup? xDD]

"I don't think we're getting lucky anytime soon," Eva laughed at the double-meaning of her words, before glancing bitterly at the ground. "Like you said, they are sick." She frowned at the red pool running across the stone floor. She still felt guilty as she glanced up at the woman's head, now covered with Flynn's pillowcase.

"Yeah, me too," Eva nodded along with Flynn explaining how his birthday's just came and went. She could never tell anyone her true birthday in case they managed to use it to find out who she truly was. "Still, happy belated birthday kid." She smiled teasingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 17:32

(Oh sorry. I play him in another RP and I got confused xD)

Flynn smiled. "Well thanks. And is kid my new official nickname? I'm sort of stuck with it?" he teased.
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 17:35

Eva shrugged of the thanks, she never really knew what to say after someone said thank you so she just smiled.

"As stuck with it as I am with Evan," Eva laughed lightly as she stripped off again. She didn't know how long she was going to be here, she planned on making the most use out of her bunk bed. Climbing back up the ladders, she sighed happily as she fell backwards onto the soft mattress.

"Where were you roomed last?" Eva leaned upwards and propped her head onto her palm, balancing herself so she could speak Flynn easier. "Was it as nice as this?" She wondered if everyone else had been subject to the torment of C Division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 18:01

Flynn frowned. "Well my last roomies kind of here with us. She wasn't a horrible person like most people here. Though she kept sleeping the whole time. I think she mentioned being pregnant." It was sick. It scared Flynn even more because if a pregnant woman could get the ax, anyone could.
Back to top Go down
Eva Petrova

Eva Petrova

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 18:31

Eva did a double-take and looked at Flynn strangely when he revealed how the woman, the woman without a body, was his- his past cellmate. She wasn't sure what to make of that. She just hoped she wasn't next. Then he threw the pregnancy thing at her, which made her almost fall off the bunk. Sitting up abruptly, she felt as though she might throw up for a minute. She clutched at her stomach until the sensation passed. She couldn't speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves EmptyFri 9 Aug - 18:54

Flynn nodded. "These guys are worse than us." he noticed Eva growing sick. Deciding to change the conversation again he said, "So what are you in for?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Past Never Really Leaves   The Past Never Really Leaves Empty

Back to top Go down

The Past Never Really Leaves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next